Precision Metalworks has an immediate opening for a Launch Engineer.
The Launch Engineer will focus on support for customers, suppliers and internal processes. The responsibilities include the management of all changes to new/existing products, processes, and production with continuous improvement projects using lean manufacturing practices.
Other responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain accurate production control plans, FMEA, work instructions and packaging information.
- Coordination of APQP processes including and assuring the process is implemented throughout the organization and followed on all New Product Introduction, Engineering Changes and Design samples to ensure timely project completion while maintaining set budgets.
- Customer liaison for all project related information including supplier launch management.
- Specify, procure, and implement equipment needed to manufacture components that meet customer requirements.
- Develop and document best practices of machine specifications for required equipment.
- Support operations with continuous improvement projects using lean manufacturing techniques
- Function as customer and supplier liaison
- Work cooperatively with internal departments to resolve quality issues utilizing and promoting problem solving methodologies (8D, Root Cause Analysis, etc.)
- Perform and/or direct layout inspections and capability studies for first-piece submittal, production support and troubleshooting.
- Minimum of an associate degree in Engineering or equivalent level of experience.
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Independent and organized work style with the ability to effectively manage time and prioritize work responsibilities, assume and manage multiple tasks without close supervision, adapt to change, and consistently meet deadlines
- Experience in CAD, metal forming, welding, painting, and assembly are a plus.